You can manage your user roles and permissions in the user page of your team settings. The settings available will help you configure correct administrators of the account for specific functions and allow easy sharing of documents and templates between groups.
You can also change the role of a user. Select a user's name and go to the right panel. Under the "Roles" section, click "Edit". You can assign a user any combination of the following roles:
- Billing Admin Privileges: The user will have the ability to see the "Billing" tab. They can update the account's billing information and download invoices.
- Team Admin Privileges: The user will have the ability to add/edit locking, approve documents, convert documents to brand templates, edit the "Brand Assets" (brand colors, fonts, and styles), add users, and edit any settings on the "Team" tab. A Team Admin is equivalent to the account owner, except they will not see the billing tab unless they are made a Billing Admin.
- Template Admin Privileges: The user will have the ability to add/edit locking and convert documents to brand templates. This privilege is mostly used when Team Admins need help creating and editing templates. Other than that, Template Admins will still be subject to the approval process.
- Approval Admin Privileges: Use this role to specify approval process admins. Specifically, approval admins can review and approve documents submitted by users if approval process is enabled. They will also not be required to submit documents for approval and can download freely.
- Print Admin Privileges: If you have a print integration enabled, you will have access to assigning print approval admins who can go into the print integration and determine if a print is approved or not before being sent to the printer.
Your Lucidpress account has a parent group that encompasses all of the users on the account. Within this parent group, you can create sub-groups to organize your users based on department, region, or other criteria. By creating subgroups, you can facilitate user management and promote easy file sharing between users on your team.
To create a subgroup, click on the pencil to the right of the parent group in your Users panel. A menu will pop up displaying the options “Rename Team” and “Create Group.” Select “Create Group”.
Assigning Team Members to Groups
Once you have created a group, you can easily add team members to it. To do so, navigate to the parent list of team members on your account by clicking on the parent group. Select the checkboxes to the left of the names of the teammates you want to add to the group, and then click “Edit” under the "Teams & Groups" tab on the right of your screen. You can then add the team members to the group by clicking the (+) button to the right of the group name. The group will show up under “Current Groups,” and you can add multiple groups at one time. Click “Confirm”.
Sharing to Groups
Group members can share documents to any group they are a part of. Any person who is added to a group will have access to all the documents and shapes that have been previously been shared to the group.
Accessing Shared Folders / Documents
Any folders shared with you will appear on the left of your documents page and display the shared folder icon.
You can access any individual files that are shared with you by clicking "Shared with Me" underneath your folders.
Group administrators can be points of contact for granting license requests for users that are from specific groups. To assign a group administrator, go to your user page, click on a group, and click "manage group admins".
Managing group admins
Hover over a name and click the + icon to add them as a group admin.
Your Lucidpress account can consist of two different types of users:
- Licensed Users: These users can create, edit, and share documents.
- View-only Users (only available for Business accounts): These users can view any documents shared with them, but cannot create, edit, or share any documents themselves. You may have as many view-only users on your account as you’d like for no extra cost.
Note: Many companies will take advantage of this allowance and pull all their employees into Lucidpress, using the platform as a repository of up-to-date processes and charts.
Filtering Types of Users
You can quickly differentiate between the types of users on your account by clicking the "All Users" dropdown on the left of your Users Panel and selecting the view that you would like to see. You can view the following:
- All Users: All users regardless of license type.
- Licensed Users: Only users who have a Lucidpress license.
- View-only Users: Only users who do not have a Lucidpress license.
- Pending Invitations: Individuals invited to your organization’s Lucidpress account who have not yet accepted the invitation to join.
- Requested Lucidpress: View-only users who have requested a Lucidpress license.
You can delete a user by right-clicking on the user’s name and selecting "Delete Users."
A dialogue box will appear displaying the number of documents and the amount of storage used by that user. You will have the option to transfer the files to another person within your organization by typing an email address in the "New Document Owner" field. This field will auto-populate with users currently on your account.
As an admin, you can easily reassign licenses to users within your account. To do this, select a user by clicking on their name. Click "Edit" next to "Licenses" on the right-hand side of your screen. In the window that pops up, check or uncheck the box next to "Lucidpress" under "Licenses" to add or take away that user’s license. If you remove that user’s license, you will have the option to transfer the user’s files to another person within your organization by typing an email address in the "New Document Owner" field. This field will auto-populate with users currently on your account.