This guide will help you migrate to REDI, which will make your templates more integrated and seamlessly adapt to your property listings.
You can prepare your templates for REDI by converting plain text to smart fields in Lucidpress. Smart fields allow information to auto-fill an entire document. If your document already has custom smart fields, you may need to replace them with property listing smart fields. Property listing smart fields pull from your file of listings. For example, the fields below will auto-fill based on the property data:
- you can export your data as a CSV/Excel file
- your company typically makes marketing content before a property is added to the MLS system
- you already use Google Drive software
- If your organization does not have a Google account, you will need to make an account for every individual interacting with the data.
- If you have several offices, you may not want all agents to enter property listings to the Google Sheet, as they will have access to the entire list of properties. This requires that you implement a system for agents to submit their properties, which will then be entered to the Google Sheet by an administrator.
Export your list from your MLS.Look over your MLS data and note which fields are required. These may include: address, phone, listing type, etc. These fields will be the titles of the columns in a data sheet. Please send your cleaned data with comments to your CSM. We will confirm what these fields will look like in Lucidpress.
- Your Customer Success Manager will send a sample
After you send your exported list from your MLS, your CSM will send you a sample data sheet to adjust your file as needed. We will also discuss the dos and don'ts for managing your property listings.
- Create a Google Sheet
Create a Google account and make a new Google Sheet. Under File, click "Import". On the upload tab, you can select the data file from your computer. For detailed instructions, click here.
Next, share the document with your CSM and anyone who will be adding properties by clicking on the "Share" button on the top right of the Google Sheet.
NOTE: Any changes made to the property listing will need to be edited in this Google Sheet. You cannot edit the listing in Lucidpress. All listings entered in the Google Sheet will by synced to Lucidpress every day at 12:01am.
- Add to Lucidpress
After your CSM approves your Google Sheet, login to Lucidpress. On your dashboard, click "Property Listings" on the left. In the open window, click "Connect" under Google Sheets. Login to your Google account and search for your Google Sheet.
- Match your column fields
Read from the list and click from the drop down to match your fields to the Lucidpress defaults. Lucidpress might have some errors, so please check.
This option is good if:
- you already use Zillow for your property listings
When considering Zillow, keep in mind the following:
- This may not be ideal if you create marketing content before a property is added to Zillow.
- When using Zillow, you will need the URL of your Zillow feed.
- Login to Lucidpress
Login to Lucidpress and on your dashboard, click "Property Listings" on the left. Select Zillow.
- Connect to Zillow
Find the URL of your Zillow feed. Copy the link into Lucidpress, name the data, and click "Connect!"
Often, MLS systems charge for migrating their listings to a third-party like Lucidpress. Your organization will need to cover these costs. In addition, there will likely be a delay with implementing an MLS system. Contacting and then working with an MLS can sometimes be slow.
This option is good if:
- you have more than one MLS system
- you are willing to pay for the costs of implementing your MLS systems to Lucidpress
When considering your current MLS system, keep in mind the following:
- This may not be ideal if you create marketing content before a property is added to the MLS.
- MLS systems sometimes have various listing types such as active, sold, pre-active, and private. You will need to know if the MLS can export all the listings from each category. Depending on the category, the MLS may charge different prices.
Ask your CSM about how to request access from your MLS system. We can help with the correct phrasing for a contract, which will likely lower costs for your contract.
Once the MLS agrees to the contract, you will also sign the contract and pay any associated fees. The MLS will work with Lucidpress engineers to set up the account. Your CSM will contact you once the MLS has been connected.
Now, when you save your document as a template, a user can update an entire document with the property listing's information in seconds. It's that simple.
- Open your file in Lucidpress
- Click on the house icon on the left content pane.
- Search for the property listing.
- Select the listing and click, "Apply to Document". Your document auto-fills with the information.
- To update a property listing, edit your Google Sheet. If you are using your MLS or Zillow, the list will automatically update with new listings.
In the event you selected the wrong data source or the incorrect Google Sheet, you can edit your sources by logging in to Lucidpress and clicking on "Property Listings" on the left side menu. You can remove a source by clicking on the trashcan icon. See below to learn how to add more than one data source.
You can add more than one, but Lucidpress will combine all of the data into one database shown to your users. To add another data source, login to Lucidpress and click "Property Listings" on the left side menu. A new window will open. Click on "Manage Data Sets" on the right.
- Profile- These smart fields change depending on the user. For example, a sales representative's name, phone, email, etc.
- Team- Team smart fields refer to the entire company. This could be the company's name, headquarter address, main phone, etc.
- Custom- When you want to add a custom field for your documents, you can add them here.
- Property Listings- REDI pulls from this list source. Property listings include smart fields such as street address, agent name, property price, number of bedrooms, and more.
- Smart Fields
- InDesign Import
- Basic and advanced locking
- Custom Templates
- Real Estate Data Import (REDI)