You can add Lucidpress as an external app in Canvas and start linking your assignments together to benefit both students and teachers for fast visual learning and easy grading.
- Open the Admin panel on the left-hand side menu.
- Go to Settings
- Click the Apps tab on the top
- Click on the upper right
- Change Configuration Type to By Url using the drop down menu
- Name: type "Lucidpress"
- Click here to generate your consumer key and shared secret
- Paste this url http://lucidpress.com/lti/config.xml for Config URL
- You can use the same consumer key and shared secret to install Lucidpress
- Open your Canvas Course.
- Click on the Settings button on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the Apps tab on the top.
- Type “Lucidpress” in the Filter search bar.
- Click on the link to generate your key and shared secret.
- Generate your key and shared secret by clicking “Generate my API key pair”.
- In Canvas, click “Add App” and paste the generated keys.
- Click on the Assignments button on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the +Assignment button on the top.
- Edit the Assignment Name and any instructions.
- To insert the Lucidpress document, click the Lucidpress icon to open the dialog
- Navigate to find your document. Hover the document you want to link or embed and click "Select"
- Make sure Submission Type is set to Online and then chooseFile Uploads.
- Complete the other assignment fields (Points, Group, Grade, etc.).
- Assign and publish the assignment.
- Students click on the link in Canvas to create their own copy of the Lucidpress document. If they are not logged in to Lucidpress they might be prompted to log in or create an account.
- Once in Lucidpress students can edit and share their work.
- When students are ready to submit their assignment, they will do so in Canvas by clicking Submit Assignment. A submit dialog will appear at the bottom of their Canvas page.
- Students must then click the "Lucidpress" tab at the top of the dialog.
- When students choose the Lucidpress option, their Lucidpress document page will appear, allowing them to select the document they wish to submit.
- Students need to confirm their submission by clicking the Submit Assignment button one last time. Their submission will then be submitted as shown on the top right.
- Teachers can then use the Canvas Speed Grader(TM) to grade the student’s assignment.
The Canvas integration is a premium feature. You may choose to enroll in a 30 day trial for premium.
When students click the link provided, they create their own version of that document. They can then share that document with other students to collaborate, with the teacher to get feedback, etc.
Embedded documents will show the document in Canvas. Students will not edit the document, but can interact with hotspots, videos, pages to learn.
Currently Canvas allows for group assignments where one student turns in the assignment but doesn’t allow you to assign a separate document for each group.The easiest workaround would be to have one student from each group click on the link and create a document and then share it with the other group members.
- Get Started with an Educational Account
- Canvas Integration
- Google Classroom Integration
- Changes to EDU Accounts