Save your hands (and your sanity) from the tedious work of labeling and stamping mass amounts of mail with Lucidpress’s Direct Mail feature. Direct Mail allows you to send bulk mail pieces (such as postcards or invitations) to multiple addresses straight from Lucidpress, so that you don't have to print and mail them yourself. Read on to learn how to use this feature.
- 4 x 6 in
- 6 x 11 in
- 5.5 x 8.5 in
In order to print using direct mail, your document must also be exactly two pages and in landscape rather than portrait layout.Make sure your document is the correct size and layout by clicking anywhere on the canvas to pull up the “Document” panel on the right. Here you can view the dimensions and page settings of your document and change them if needed.
Once the right dimensions are in place, specify that the document is a direct mail piece by navigating to File > Direct Mail.
When you select this option, pink highlighted areas will appear on the second page of your document, indicating where the postage and address will go. No content should overlap with these pink areas.
Once you have set the proper dimensions, selected “Direct Mail” from the File menu, and cleared out any images or text boxes from the pink areas, you will be ready to send your document to the printer.
You can use most spreadsheet programs (eg. Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets) to create and export .csv files.
A typical .csv file mirrors the following format on your spreadsheet, from left to right: Name, Address, Address (opt), City, State, and Zip Code, as shown below. Once you’ve filled in all of the names and addresses in the rows beneath these titles, you can save the information as a .csv by navigating to File → Save As → File Format → .csv.
- Click in the top right corner of your editor.
- Select “Direct Mailer” from the list of options.
- Upload the .csv file you’ve created in the format mentioned above. Feel free to download the sample .csv for reference.
- After uploading your .csv, please make sure that each column matches the appropriate data in your file. If anything doesn’t match, simply reselect which .csv column correctly corresponds to the data needed. Hit .
- In the final step, you will be asked to review your document. Click on the blue button that says “Click to download a PDF proof.” Once your PDF is generated, open it up and make sure everything looks good to go. This includes making sure no images or text are covering the postage or address area and that your document has the proper amount of page bleed.
- Hit and proceed with the checkout process. Happy mailing!