Save your hands (and your sanity) from the tedious work of labeling and stamping mass amounts of mail with Lucidpress’ Direct Mail feature. Direct Mail allows you to send bulk mail pieces (such as postcards or invitations) to multiple addresses straight from Lucidpress so that you don't have to print and mail them yourself. Read on to learn how to use this feature.
To send your direct mail to the printer, follow these steps:
Direct mail currently supports the following three document sizes:
- 4 x 6 in
- 6 x 11 in
- 5.5 x 8.5 in
Additionally, your document must be exactly two pages and in landscape rather than portrait layout before you can print it using Direct Mail.
Check and adjust your document's size and layout in the "Page" tab of the context pane. Open this tab by clicking on the white background of any page in your document.
Once you have set the proper layout and dimensions for your document, specify that the document is a direct mail piece by navigating to File > Print Product Guides (AND/OR) selecting the Direct Mailers option under the size and orientation menu on the right
Once you have adjusted your document's page settings, selected “Direct Mail” from the File menu, and cleared any content from the pink areas, you are ready to send your document to the printer.
Click in the top right corner of the editor.
Select “Direct Mailer” from the list of options.
- A CSV file refers to a “comma separated values” file. Put simply, a CSV file saves data in a table-structured format so that programs such as Lucidpress can easily import and organize the data. For the purpose of direct mail, your CSV file will include all the names and addresses of those to whom you are sending your document.
- You can use most spreadsheet programs, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, to create and export CSV files. To prepare your spreadsheet data for direct mail, organize it into the following columns, ordered from left to right: Name, Address, Address (opt), City, State, and Zip Code, as shown below.
- Once you’ve filled in all of the names and addresses in the rows of your spreadsheet, you can save the information as a CSV by navigating to File → Save As → File Format → CSV. The data in the exported CSV will mirror the format of your spreadsheet.
- After uploading your CSV, please make sure that each column matches the appropriate data in your file.
If anything doesn’t match, simply reselect which CSV column correctly corresponds to the data needed. Click .
- Use address search: Click on the Address Search button. This will generate a dialogue box that will help you customize who your order goes to based on your selection within the USADATA source
- Choose target geographic areas: Select how you want to find your data for the area you are targetting. If you want to do a more manual approach, choose the standard geo selections where you will be able to list the locations you want to target.
Advanced local selections will give you more of a roboust control with the data USDDATA already has where you can draw maps around the neighborhoods you want to target. You can also set a specific address and set a radius around that area
Once you click NEXT you will be brought to a screen to clarify your consumer list selection. In the example below, "Select from Map (Draw Polygon) was selected"
- Choose your demographic: You will be given the option to select if you want to include if you want to supress based on previous order history. This way, you can ensure that customers who had received your previous direct mail, will not receive another one (if selected)
If you want to specifically select the type of demographic of the individual, select "Customize by Demographics, Lifestyles, Purchase Behavior". If you want to find what sort of demographics are available in the area you selcted, click "View Available Selects".
If you indicate that you want to customize by demographics, when you click the NEXT button, you will be brought to a screen where you can clarify your selection and define your target audience.
- Generate your selection: Once you are done with selecting your demographic, your selection will be generated. The system has a minimum requirement of having a quantity of at least 100 orders. If you do not meet this requirement, the system will give you directions to go back and change some of your information. Make sure to select how many leads you want to mail to based on your selection under the 'desired' section
- Finalize your order: Based on how many leads you marked as 'desired' it will show up in your total prints. USADATA will put in their cost for accessing the data and delivery services and the cost below will be the cost to print
Click on the blue button that says . Once your PDF is generated, open it up and make sure everything looks good to go. This includes making sure no images or text are covering the postage or address area and that your document has the proper amount of page bleed
Hit and proceed with the checkout process. Happy mailing!
After you click next, you will be asked to review your docuement by downloading a PDF proof to make sure there are no errors. Once you are ready, click 'Approve & Add to Cart' and click the card in the top right corner to check out!
- Radial Search with Direct Mail
- Print how-tos, examples, and tips
- Mail Merge
- Sending Direct Mail