Save your hands (and your sanity) from the tedious work of labeling and stamping mass amounts of mail with Lucidpress’ Direct Mail feature. Direct Mail allows you to send bulk mail pieces (such as postcards or invitations) to multiple addresses straight from Lucidpress so that you don't have to print and mail them yourself. Read on to learn how to use this feature.
- 4 x 6 in
- 6 x 11 in
- 5.5 x 8.5 in
Additionally, your document must be exactly two pages and in landscape rather than portrait layout before you can print it using Direct Mail.Check and adjust your document's size and layout in the "Page" tab of the context pane. Open this tab by clicking on the white background of any page in your document.
Once you have set the proper layout and dimensions for your document, specify that the document is a direct mail piece by navigating to File > Direct Mail.
Once you have adjusted your document's page settings, selected “Direct Mail” from the File menu, and cleared any content from the pink areas, you are ready to send your document to the printer.
You can use most spreadsheet programs, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, to create and export CSV files. To prepare your spreadsheet data for direct mail, organize it into the following columns, ordered from left to right: Name, Address, Address (opt), City, State, and Zip Code, as shown below.
- Click in the top right corner of the editor.
- Select “Direct Mailer” from the list of options.
- Upload the CSV file you’ve created in the format mentioned above. Feel free to download the sample CSV for reference.
- After uploading your CSV, please make sure that each column matches the appropriate data in your file.
If anything doesn’t match, simply reselect which CSV column correctly corresponds to the data needed. Click .
- In the final step, you will be asked to review your document.
Click on the blue button that says . Once your PDF is generated, open it up and make sure everything looks good to go. This includes making sure no images or text are covering the postage or address area and that your document has the proper amount of page bleed.
- Hit and proceed with the checkout process. Happy mailing!