With Smart Fields in Lucidpress, you can auto-populate your documents with personalized information, including Name, phone number, and email address, and create templates that automatically display this information! If you are on a Professional, Team, or Business account, you can create custom fields in addition to using the default Lucidpress Smart Fields. Furthermore, team admins can create and fill out team Smart Fields that everyone in their company can implement.
To create Smart Fields in your Lucidpress account, follow these steps:
- Click on your email address in the top right corner of your documents page. Click “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click on the “Smart Fields” tab from the panel on the left.
- Fill out the text boxes that appear on your screen. You can fill out as many or as few as you’d like. If you are on a Professional, Team, or Business account, you can select “Add Custom Field,” and enter your desired label and fill into the text boxes that appear.
If you are an admin on a Team or Business account, you can create team Smart Fields that any member of your team can add to their documents.
- Click on the “TEAM” hyperlink at the top left of your documents page.
- Click on the “Collaboration” tile and navigate to the “Team Smart Fields” tab in the panel on the left.
- Create and fill out as many Team Smart Fields as you would like!
Your Smart Fields will be available for you to use in any Lucidpress document that you create. To add them to your document, select a text box and navigate to Insert > Smart Fields, then select the Smart Field you want to add from the list that appears.
Alternatively, right-click on a text box and select Smart Fields, then select a Smart Field from the list.
Smart Fields can be a powerful tool for brand control. Using Smart Fields, a team can create "smart" templates that auto populate team members' information, allowing quick, seamless, and on-brand document creation.
To create a smart template, simply add smart fields to any of your current documents. Then, from the document list, click the "More" option on your document, and select "Convert to Template."
You've now created a Lucidpress template with Smart Fields! If shared, any user opening this template will have their information automatically updated in the Smart Fields. If they are missing a Smart Field, or if you have custom Smart Fields in your template, Lucidpress will prompt the user to update and add the missing Smart Fields.
- Smart Fields
- InDesign Import
- Basic and advanced locking
- Data automation
- Custom templates