- Adding shapes
- Resizing, moving, and rotating shapes
- Formatting shapes (style shape background color, borders, shadows and opacity)
- Special shape modifications
From the Content bar, click the shapes icon to open up its menu.
- You'll see a variety of basic shapes that you can drag and drop onto the canvas.
Resizing, moving, and rotating shapes
Change the size of a shape by grabbing a handle in the corner of the shape and moving it as needed. Alternatively, use the Layout tab on the Context pane to adjust the size manually.
Hold Shift to lock proportions as you re-size. You can also click the chain-link symbol under 'Position and Size' to lock proportions for all future manipulations.
- To re-size and change the orientation of a line, grab one of the handles and start dragging. Hold Shift to force the orientation to move in 45° increments.
Change the position of the shape by dragging it to the desired location. You can also click the text box and use your arrow keys to nudge, or Shift +arrow key to make a leap. Alternatively, adjust the position from the 'Position and Size' section of the Layout tab of the Context pane.
- Rotate the shape's orientation by grabbing the rotate handle at the top of the shape and dragging it to the desired orientation. You can also change the orientation from the 'Position and Size' section of the Layout tab.
- Flip the shape horizontally or vertically with the buttons in the 'Position and Size' section.
Change the border thickness or remove the shape border with the arrows in the Border section.
- Change the border type (e.g. solid, dashed, or dotted) by selecting from the drop-down menu in the 'Border' section of the Shape tab of the Context pane.
Change the color of the border with the color selector in the 'Border' section. You can also change the opacity of the border by changing the value next to 'A:' and pressing Enter.
- Change the fill color of a shape with the color selector in the 'Fill' section of the Shape tab. Clicking the color selector (the colored rectangle displaying the current color of the shape) will open open a menu allowing you to change the shape background color. Alternatively, change the type of fill (e.g. solid color, simple gradient, advanced gradient, or image). Change the opacity of the fill by changing the value next to 'A:' in the color picker and pressing Enter.
5. Add a drop shadow of any color, distance, blur, orientation, and opacity to a shape with the 'Shadow' slider in the Shape tab.
6. Change the opacity of the entire shape (both border and fill) by using the slider or arrows in the 'Opacity' section of the Shape tab.
Special shape modifications
In the upper-right corner of the rounded square, there is a special corner radius handle that will allow you to add a rounding effect to all four corners by dragging to the left.
On the right side of the pentagon, there is a special multi-side handle that will allow you to add or remove sides from the shape by dragging. This lets you easily switch between a triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, or other multi-sided shape.
On the far right side of the star, there is a special multi-point handle that will allow you to add or remove points from the star by dragging. You can add anywhere from 3 to 25 points.
On the inside of the star, there is a special interior point-depth handle that will allow you to alter point depth by dragging.
Both single- and double-sided arrows have a special interior handle that will allow you to change arrow dimensions by dragging.
Last Updated: 01/30/2015