Connect viewers of your Lucidpress documents to external pages by adding buttons and links! With our linking options, you can prompt viewers to visit a web page, send an email, or navigate to a different page within your document.
To add an external link to a shape, image, or line of text in your Lucidpress document, follow the steps below.
- Select an object on your canvas OR highlight a string of text. Your context pane (on the right side of your canvas) will correspondingly display image, shape, or text settings.
- Click on the sideways triangle next to the word “Link” at the bottom of your context pane.
Three icons and a text box will appear. If you hover over the icons, they will display the linking options that they represent: URL, Email, and Page.
- Select your desired linking option. If you are linking to a web page or email address, type or copy and paste the URL or address into the text box and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
If you are linking to another page in your document, click on the text box–which will be converted into a drop-down menu–and select your desired page.
You will know that your link has been successfully added when the grey check mark next to the “Link” tab turns green.
- To follow a link in your document, hover over the linked component and follow the keyboard instructions that appear on your screen.
In your final document, simply clicking on the linked text or object will open the linked content. To activate the links, publish your document or download it as a PDF (links do NOT work in documents downloaded as PNG or JPEG files). To test how these links will appear in your published or downloaded document, click the blue "Preview" button across the top of the editor.
- Lucidpress 2.0
- Page and Document Settings
- The Image Manager
- Add and Format Images
- Edit and Format Text
- Working with Shapes and Images
- Adding Buttons and Links