Yes, if your account is Pro, Team, or Enterprise
- Select a text box
- From the font selection menu in the Text tab of the Context pane, select 'Manage fonts'. This will open the Font Manager
- In the Font Manager, you can view available fonts by category, preview individual fonts by selecting them, and add fonts to your in-editor list by turning them to 'On'. You can remove fonts from that list by turning fonts to 'Off'. Fonts that are turned on will be viewable on your 'Enabled fonts' list. Click 'Save' to save your changes.
- You might notice that some font types, like Arial, are unavailable. We've provided a list of similar alternative fonts that you're free to use.
- To add custom fonts, click 'Upload' and select the file (.ttf, .ttc, or .otf), then click 'Upload' to add the font. You can select multiple font files to upload at a time.
- Once the font file(s) uploaded, click 'Save changes' or simply drag the file to the editor
- Make sure you upload all faces that you will want to use
Steps to use a custom font
Create new text box
From the font selection menu in the Text tab of the Context pane, select 'Manage fonts'. This will open the Font Manager.
Turn “on” font in the Font Manager
Font will be available in the Text panel
Font families are a collection of typefaces in different weights and classifications. An example is Helvetica Helvetica Light, and Helvetica Bold.
Within each font family, there are different font faces. A font face may be bold or italic. Keep in mind bold and italic may be two separate font files to upload into Lucidpress depending on the font family.
It is important to note that custom fonts are account specific. If you are collaborating on a shared document, the custom fonts in a shared document needs to be uploaded into each collaborator’s account so the font is visible for every collaborator.