Lucidpress documents come equipped with collaborative tools that make working together easier. This tutorial will teach you how to use real-time collaboration, comments, and chat so you don’t have to work on documents all by your lonesome self.
If you’d like to invite others to work on a document with you, you’ll simply need to send them a link or an emailed invitation.
- In the Lucidpress editor, click on the blue “Share” button on the top right corner of your page. Click “With collaborators”.
- Send an invite to an individual user, a group on your team, or your entire team by typing the email address or name of the individual or group you want to invite. Select their level of access from the drop-down before clicking “Share”.
- If you want your recipients to be able to pass the document to others, click "Access Link". Before generating a link, make sure to select “multi-use link” (so it doesn’t ever expire) as well as the level of access you’d like to allow.
Once you’ve invited others to collaborate on your document, you’ll be able to edit the same document at the same time. Changes made by one account will automatically reflect on screens of other users. Call it magic, or call it the power of designing on the cloud.
Think the unicorn image your co-worker inserted into your business proposal is a bit tacky? Lucidpress allows you to leave comments on any images or text boxes that need extra attention and collaboration. Simply:
- Right-click on any specific element in your document (e.g. shape, text box, text selection, image, gallery, or video) and select “Add Comment”. You can also select an object then add a comment from the “Insert” drop-down in the Menu bar.
- Type in your comment in the field that appears. To tag specific team members, type @ + their name and select the user’s email address from the prompt.
- Comments left on a document are indicated by the icon of orange quotation marks.
- Reply to a comment by clicking on the comment icon (see above). Type your reply and press “Enter”.
- Once a comment thread is complete and collaboration is no longer needed on the selected element, hit “Resolve”.
To quickly communicate with collaborators who are in a document at the same time, use the chat box — found on the lower-left side of the editor.
If any other collaborators are logged in, you’ll see their icons appear in this box.
To start a chat, simply click on the “Chat” box, type your message, and press “Enter” to send. You can hide the box by hitting the minimize icon on the top right corner of the box. When a collaborator messages you, the chat box will automatically open again.
- Sharing and Collaborating with Team Members
- Publish your document
- Approval Process
- Embed into a Website
- Embed your document into an email